I thought that it was way past time to create my own blog. This is no easy task, considering that i am a definite technophobic!!!

My children (and theirs) introduced me to the wonderful world of the internet and all that comes with it!! First google, then ebay, internet groups and blogs!! I have met so many wonderful, charming people that i now call friend. Please bear with me while i blunder and bluff my way through this, until i find my way. Which is how i have survived most of the daunting situations that i have landed myself in!!!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sew little time .... or .... Sew what's new?




poke the piccy's for close-up...

Like many of you, I have had some trouble lately with blogger. I haven't been able to reply to comments left on my blog and I lost my followers for a while... but you're back now, thank goodness... what would I do without you. Apologies to anyone who couldn't reach me..


                                                       Wedding Bands Mini Quilt

I've finished a couple of little quilts recently and thought that you might like a squizz...
The Wedding Bands quilt is my favourite and was fun to do.. it's not pieced, but is photocopied onto cotton fabric. (not by me) its a bit of a cheat, i know, but as the little coloured squares are only about 5mm they are a bit small to piece.. i have used a very fine fill and backed it with an old hanky. Each ring is quilted on the inner rim and again on the outer rim and i have quilted a 4 petal daisy in the white centres. Its a bit hard to see it properly in the photo's. I thought that it would be fun to photograph it on top of the real size one, that you might have seen in a previous blog 'Sweet dreams are made of this'.


                                                           Piggy Back

The other 2 little quilts are printed fabric, that come up quite nice if you quilt every line in the design.. I'm not finished with these yet. I think that they will look much nicer with a bit of ageing treatment.. first I'll soak them in a bleach solution and wash and let dry, then I'll dribble cold tea over them to give the appearance of age.. I have lots of little quilts waiting to be finished, but, 'sew little time'...


                                            needing some ageing..                 

Its winter here, so I don't have many roses out at the moment, but the angels trumpets are just finishing their run. I've posted a few piccy's to show you how they looked..
                                                                       Pink

                                                                     Apricot

                                                          Double White

 Great hey!  I know they are poisonous (hence the name Angel's Trumpet) but I have always grown them and never had a problem..  Hope they add some cheer to your day..
Lots of Love
Christine xxx

6 comments:

  1. Your quilts are so stunning Christine! I love double wedding ring and have never made one in real life (and won't be attempting one in miniature :D) It doesn't look printed, I think having the real quilting makes it look so authentic and perfect. Well done! And I envy your angel trumpets. I'd love a pink one but have over planted as it is. Never mind, at least I can admire yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, your tiny quilts are gorgeous! Even if they are not pieced, the tiny quilting is amazing! And I love your Angel's Trumpets too!
    I'm glad you have your comments back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you say the 1st quilt was photocopied? It is very convincing, Christine! Good to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you christine, betsy and sans.
    i'm really itching to distress the last 2 quilts, to see how they look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little quilts are exquisite Christine! And would love to see them once they are distressed - just up my alley (as the saying goes)! As to the angel trumpets...how ironic that something so pretty can be so poisonous? Celia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the wedding band quilt! The flowers are just what I needed to see on this foggy, cold, grumpy day in the Bay area. Thanks, C

    ReplyDelete